€ 1,600 (EXCL. VAT)
The procedure for opening an individual bank account in France for non-residents is similar to that of opening of a corporate bank account and FATCA regulations are also applicable.
- D19: Opening a non-resident bank account 1,600€ Excl. VAT
What are the acceptance criteria?
For companies, failing the existence of any company in France, the quality criteria are transferred to the parent company and the banker’s approach is the same as if he had to open a corporate account in their jurisdiction. Consequently, the criteria are similar :
● Reliability of the business model
● Good financial records of the parent company
● No overdraft is possible when starting the relation
● Bank account must always be cash positive
● Quality of key managers
● Transparency of direct beneficiaries
For private individuals, the criteria are focused on identification procedures, lack of a penal record (non-condemned certificate), C.V., proof of address etc. Please note that we will be very thorough in checking this paperwork before accepting the job.
How long does it take to get a response from the bank?
Generally 3-5 weeks starting from the collection of supporting documents. This is due to a 3-level decision-making process within the bank for FATCA compliance purposes. Please note that the internal decision-making process is quite independent from our contact branch manager.
Do you have a plan B in case of refusal?
Our usual practice is to introduce the same file to several different banks to reduce the risk of refusal.
As we have been operating for a number of years in the Paris area, we keep in touch with different competitors
Should a bank turn down your application, we cannot introduce your application to another branch of the same bank.
Thank you for your interest in opening a bank account with us as a first step in France.
Please find attached our Fee Quote to be signed by you and returned to us for liability purposes if you approve it.
We will charge our fees at the reception of the IBAN certificate. Should you need more information, please go to our website where you will find the full description of the procedure in Service N°7.
We are looking forward to supporting your project in France,
BD in charge
I. Preparation of the application file
- Approval of the fee quote for this service
- Signature of the proxy by the legal representative of the parent company allowing the Maupard team to carry out the application with the selected banks
II. Collection of supporting documents
- Company history, background, business model, assets, financial forecasts, proposed activity in France, press releases and details of the project, and the translation of these documents into French
- The Bylaws of the French company to be incorporated in French
- The Bylaws of the parent company (if any) in the original language and in French
- The latest financial statements of the parent company (if there is one) including the legal audit report
- The most recent annual report of the parent company’s turnover
- Verification of the identities of the directors, including copies of degrees and certificates, biographies, CVs, passports, birth certificates, press releases, LinkedIn profile, Google research results etc.
- Copy of the domiciliation contract signed by the domiciliary and the facilitator, in this case, Maupard Fiduciaire.
- List of shareholders of the parent company.
- A list of all people who have a beneficial interest in the company to be created, and in the parent company.
- A list of all people who have a beneficial interest in the parent company.
III. Presentation of the application file to the bankers
- Presentation meetings for the project
- Follow-up by phone or email for coordination with the relevant branch managers
IV. Receipt of the following items
- Registration of the signing specimen
- Reception of the IBAN certificate