If you are a company based outside the European Union, and you plan to export goods in France, you must appoint a tax representative that will complete accounting obligations and cross-border declarations, pay customs duties and carry out VAT formalities.
The tax representative will guarantee the local payment of any further tax adjustments related to your transactions in France, as your company is based outside of the French tax administration’s jurisdiction.
It is important to find someone you trust and then cooperate with them to ensure that your activities run smoothly. Your tax representative will ensure the compliance of your various obligations, and advise you in your communications with the state. The relationship with your representative must be based on transparency and mutual trust: this is team work.
We recommend that you appoint your tax representative in advance to get a complete understanding of the picture before your tax representative starts work.
At Maupard Fiduciaire, we facilitate the entry of foreign companies that need representation into France. We are aware of the complexity of French administrative formalities, so we know that you need a trusted advisor to support you. We are used to working as a team with our clients and will be happy to represent you under the condition that we take care of VAT formalities and representation at the same time.
Our billing covers 3 items: VAT registration and monthly formalities are charged by our accounting firm and a cash deposit will be held by our specialized entity dedicated to financial services (Mermoz SAS).
- VAT registration:
- VAT registration (if necessary): 800€ excl. VAT (one-off)
- Monthly VAT formalities:
- VAT declarations: 88€ excl. VAT/month
- Request for VAT refund (if necessary): 150€ excl. VAT/month
- Representation fees: 5% of total of VAT excl. VAT payable/month
- Minimum representation fees: 300€ excl. VAT/month
- Yearly deposit = (Revenue Forecast x 20% VAT) x 30%
- If estimated deposit < 10k, your cash will be blocked in a dedicated bank account hold by Mermoz SAS for the duration of our proxy
- If estimated deposit > 10k, your cash has to be guaranteed by a domestic bank. In this scenario, please note that you may have to open a bank account in advance, which is something we can help you with.
2 min readREF: 056: After the scandals of the early 2000’s, and to prevent money laundering, a KYC (meaning “Know Your Customer”) procedure became mandatory in many countries, including France, the UK and the USA.