For Service n°10

, , , ,

EU firm without a French establishment: How can you get a VAT refund?

man giving money to another man

REF.: 0050
If you are an EU based company without an establishment in France, you are a non-resident firm.

Generally, to deduct VAT in France you must also collect it, i.e. you must deliver goods and services subject to VAT. When you have deducted more VAT than you collected, this generates a ‘crédit de TVA’ (VAT refund).

Read more

, , , ,

Foreign firms without a French establishment

REF.: 0049

Who should you appoint to pay your social security contributions?

If you are a foreign company without an establishment in France, you are considered a non-resident  employer and if you want to recruit an employee operating in France, you will be liable to pay French social contributions.

Read more

, , ,

Reducing your French Wealth Tax (ISF) by investing in start-ups

man drawing a man climbing steps

REF.: 0048

Impôt sur la Fortune

The Wealth Tax (Impôt sur la Fortune) in France has long been a source of debate. Even today, it remains a sort of ‘tug-of-war’ between the political left and right. It is an applied tax on the wealth of “rich” people, which aims to increase the contributions to the state budget of people who are at the end of their professional career and thus no longer generate taxable income. It is a symbol of differences in ideologies, a point of strong debate between those who prioritize social justice vs those who value rewarding individual merits.

Read more

, , ,

Non-residents: are you subject to the French Wealth Tax (ISF)?

houses in wood

REF.: 0020

All you need to know about taxes on your assets in France.


You will have undoubtedly come across the many heated debates on the legitimacy of the Wealth Tax, known by the abbreviation ‘ISF’ in France, in the French newspapers. For those of you with assets in France, property in most cases, be aware that you are subject to this Wealth Tax (ISF) if the net value of said assets exceeds 1,300,000 € on the 1st of January of the tax year in question.

Read more