Income Tax in France – do I have to pay it?
The tax year varies from country to country, however in France, the tax year runs from 1st January to the 31st December. Therefore, whether you were living in France and/or receiving income in France between these dates, you must submit a tax declaration.
Who has to pay income tax ?
- Those whose permanent home is in France
- Those who have had income in France between 1st January 2022 and 31st December 2022.
- Those who spend over 183 days per calendar year in France*
- Those whose professional activity is based in France
Who is exempt ?
- Those who own a property in France but are not residents, i.e second home owners. In this case, you probably won’t be required to complete the income tax declaration, but instead the property tax declaration.
- If you earn less than €10,777 per year
*Or fewer than 186 days per calendar year if you spend more time in France than in any other country.
For more information on this subject do not hesitate to contact us via telephone at +33 (0) 1 53 93 94 20 or send us an email at [email protected]. Our team of experts will be more than happy to assist you with any queries you may have.
To follow everything that is happening here at Maupard be sure to follow us on our social media pages: