Temporary exemptions from CFE in urban areas in difficulty: caps revised for 2023
Companies that are located in urban areas in difficulty could be eligible for temporary exemptions from business property tax, or CFE. The threshold for these exemptions will be increased for the year 2023 by 2.9%, following the variation in prices.
Companies can qualify for these exemptions under the following criteria:
- They are located in one of these zones:
- QPV – quartiers prioritaires de la politique de la ville, i.e priority neighbourhoods of the city policy, formally known as sensitive urban areas (ZUS);
- ZFU – TE – les zones franches urbaines – territoires entrepreneurs,e Urban free zones – entrepreneurial territories
- The company has under 50 employees;
- They have a turnover or balance sheet total of under 10 million euros;
- 25% or more of the company cannot be owned by another company that is not an SME. Exceeding the definition of an SME only has an effect after two consecutive financial years.
If you wish to find out more, do not hesitate to contact us via telephone +33 (0) 1 53 93 94 20 or by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of experts will happily assist you with any queries you might have.