What type of companies are eligible for JEI status?
Companies have to be:
- an SME, in other words a company employing fewer than 250 employees, with an annual income lower than 50 million euros (or with a total balance less than 43 million euros),
- younger than 8 years old,
- completely new, meaning not derived from a reorganization or extension of activity,
- independent, at least 50% has to be owned by natural persons, or
- other JEI (of which least 50% is detained by natural persons),
- associations and foundations recognized for providing scientific public service or R&D facilities
- venture capital companies, high-risk mutual fund investment, regional development companies, venture capital companies or one-man venture capitalist companies with no dependency link (these companies cannot exercise decision-making power over the JEI or be under common control of a third company).