Why be a micro-entrepreneur / freelancer
What are your needs ?
Is this your situation ?
- You want to move to France.
- You want the benefits of the French social system
- You have a job but your employer doesn’t want to create a working contract for France.
- You are planning to invoice your company for the work that you do while in France.
Setting up as a micro-entrepreneur, meaning a single employee of a microentreprise, is a feasible solution for you.
Please note that the formalities for applying are different for artistic professions and agricultural professions are excluded from applying for the scheme.
What is the process ?
You can register in person or online.
To register in person, you need to go to the CFE (Centre Formalités d’entreprise).
To register online there are 2 main sites :
- fr, they might not accept your request, depending on the principality, ‘commerical’ business registrations.
- For trade based activities, CFE-Métiers is able to assist.
You will need a photocopy of an identity card.
How do you benefit ?
In terms of benefits, your social contributions are paid alongside tax revenue ; you have access to a streamlined system of tax filing, you will have reduced accounting obligations and you will be exempt from VAT below a certain level of turnover.
After the application, you also will receive URSAFF representation for freelance activities. This entitles you to health insurance coverage and family allowance, pension insurance, death insurance and daily allowance for sick leave.
For income tax you can either be subject to the progressive tax rate scale, where advance payments are taken out your bank account at regular intervals or you can pay in full discharge where you are charged along with your social contributions.
For more informations please contact our team [email protected]
We’ll be more than happy to help you!